It’s amazing how the third trimester takes on a life of it’s own, right? In keeping with being totally real and honest with you during this pregnancy, here are some of the crazy, weird things that I’d never been doing if I weren’t pregnant. (Got any more to add? Scroll down to the comments section and share!)
1. On a whim, you decide to reorganize and deep-clean your kids’ entire bedroom.
2. You then rearrange and deep-clean your entire living room that same day.
3. Later that day, you are so sore you can barely walk and spend the rest of the evening laying in bed, watching Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.
4. You randomly decide to start watching Downton Abbey and are completely hooked. You start at season 1, and devour at least 2 episodes a day while the kids are napping. (You also start to have dreams about Mary and Matthew.)
5. Your fat underwear are getting too small, so you occasionally raid your husband’s drawer for some comfy tighty whities. But only on the days when you’re behind on laundry (which is everyday).
6. You start eating copious amounts of all kinds of cereal.
7. You decide it’s time to scrub the French doors, which have been stained for months with black muddy marks you thought were permanent. After 30 minutes, they are perfectly spotless. You decide nothing can top this moment.
8. On a random Sunday afternoon, you take it upon yourself to paint the mailbox and the kids’ step stool. ‘Cause they were bugging you. Now, every time you look at that white mailbox, you are so happy your heart skips a beat.
9. Seeing your kids read a book together makes you cry.
10. You have a sudden urge to deep-clean your entire Suburban, taking out all car seats, dismantling them and scrubbing them down. You only wish you could shampoo the carpets too, but the husband cut you off after the whole house deep-clean.
11. A huge bowl of ice cream suddenly becomes a daily occurrence in your diet. (Vanilla with peanut butter and chocolate sauce, in case you wanted to know.)
12. As you are eating your ice cream, you begin to calculate the amount of weight you’ve gained and then start daydream about exercising and eating well again. You start to make bets with yourself, as to how long it will take you to get back to your old size.
Then you get up for another bowl of ice cream.
What other crazy things did you do in your third trimester? Share your stories in the comments section below. I can’t wait to read!
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.